Movieweb talks to Cosmopolis Director David Cronenberg who confirms what we've known all along about Rob...that he is a wonderful actor.
We also talked about his new thriller
Cosmopolis, which hits theaters sometime next year and stars
Robert Pattinson,
Marion Cotillard, and
Juliette Binoche. I asked him if
Cosmopolis will be the movie that will separate
Robert Pattinson from his
Twilight past. Here's what the director had to say:
"I have no control over that, obviously. All I know is, as with
Keira, I thought that
Robert was very underrated. I mean,
Keira has done more work than
Robert has, but in England, they're always on her for whatever weird
English class reasons. I'm not sure what that is. I always thought she was a substantial actress, and I had no doubt that she could really ace this role. I felt the same about
Rob. The fate of the movie, though, who knows. I certainly think this. I don't think that any director who's looking to see what
Rob can do, will not be able to see how terrific he is by looking at
Cosmopolis. Even if the movie isn't a success at the box office, creatively, as far as I'm concerned, it is a success, and for
Rob, it totally is. He's brilliant in the movie, he's fabulous. If nothing else, it will be a great demo film for
Rob, for any other director who's looking for a great actor."
Source:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-david-cronenberg-talks-cosmopolis
0 comments:
Post a Comment