Music Monday EXCLUSIVE: Tom Bertram's "Dig to Locate"



Today we're celebrating the release of Tom Bertram's newest album, Dig to Locate, with an EXCLUSIVE interview with him and information on the new CD! 



Visit iTunes to purchase Dig to Locate


Tom was kind enough to answer some questions we had about his musical process. We'd like to extend a huge THANK YOU to him for being so awesome and sharing his answers with us! 

What is your first musical memory?
Singing Robbie Williams songs on my karaoke / cassette machine in my bedroom, thinking I was a rock star. In fact I had leather trousers too.. Ooops!

Did you play an instrument in school?
No, I will be honest I actually thought music was for the geeks at school. Turns out its pretty cool! ;)

How is this album different than your previous ones? Do you feel like your style has changed or evolved at all?
It definitely has got better. This album is my first full album (10 tracks). I think all my influences have come through. I love Country music and I think that you can hear a subtle amount of country in the album too. I’m very proud with it.

Where do you find inspiration for your music?
Life experiences or other peoples experiences. It’s all honest and nothing is fairytale. I believe that an artist should be honest to their honest through their songs, so I make sure I always do that.


 If you could collaborate with any musician, who would it be and why?

My dream would have been to have performed with Elvis. But now I’d say either Bob Dylan, because he is a huge idol of mine and a legend in the music industry. Also John Mayer, because his guitar skills would be incredible to play beside. I’d like to perform beside Taylor Swift too, purely to see her performance, she puts on a great show!


 What is your song writing process like? How long does it take you to pen     something and get it recorded?

It varies. Sometimes I write on my own. Usually I’ll go into the studio with Tim (Bradshaw) and have a few ideas which we may work on. Or we start from scratch together and write something that day.


Make sure to check out Tom on the following social networks: 




Thanks again to Tom for taking the time to answer our questions and share some of himself with us! Everyone go check out his new CD, and make sure you take a listen to his older stuff as well while you're doing so! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
RobNation © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops | Additional Design by RobsButtonsbabe