My schedule has been rather unforgiving for the past few months, but as things are starting to level out I'm happy to say I'll be back every Friday with a new Fan Fiction Friday post! Things are going to be a little different in the future, so here's an overview of what to expect:
Story Reviews - Each week I'll feature a review of a different story. I hate to give away spoilers, hence the reason I've kept this column short and sweet in the past, but moving forward you'll see reviews that are longer and contain more detail.
Author Spotlights - Each month RobNation will shine the spotlight on one author from the fandom, and will feature a short interview.
Featured Events - I'll be highlighting different events taking place in the fandom world, such as compilations, fundraisers, awards, meetups, and more.
Today's Fan Fiction Friday focus will be on the most recent round of awards in the Twilight fandom - The first annual Fandom Choice Awards, hosted by the wonderful gals over at Tricky Raven.
What are the Fandom Choice Awards? Coinciding with the People's Choice Awards, the FCAs are designed to give members of the Twilight fandom a chance to show their appreciation for their favorite fic authors, stories, betas, pre-readers, banner makers, and more!
Nominations took place in November, and now that December has arrived, voting is open. The FCAs have two categories: The Cullen Family (containing nominees who write primarily about the vampire characters from the saga) and The Quileute Wolfpack (containing nominees who write primarily about the wolfpack characters from the saga).
Visit this page to vote for The Cullen Family nominees and this page to vote for The Quileute Wolfpack nominees.Voting will remain open from now through January 3, 2013.
One unique twist these awards have to offer is that the results will be posted live on January 9, 2013 while the People's Choice Awards air.
If you've ever read a piece of Twilight fanfic, I recommend heading over and checking out the nominees for both sides of the fandom. While you're there, show your appreciation and vote for your favorites!
Got a fic you love that you'd like to see reviewed? Are you an author looking for your fic to get exposure? Email nikki@robnation.org with suggestions for this feature.












0 comments:
Post a Comment